This week, 1,747 capital city auctions were held and preliminary results show that 1,485 auctions have been reported so far, with a preliminary clearance rate of 76.6 per cent, rising from 75.0 per cent last week across 1,471 auctions. This week’s clearance rate is comparable to one year ago, when 72.9 per cent of capital […]
Late last week the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) published lending finance data for June 2016. When this data is paired with housing finance data it provides valuable insights about the value of housing finance commitments across each state and territory. According to the data across the combined states and territories there was $34.8 billion […]
Upcoming auctions: The auction markets are set to be busier this week, with 1,622 auctions currently being tracked by CoreLogic. This represents an approximate rise in auction activity of 10 per cent across the combined capitals on a weekly basis. Auction activity, however, remains lower than one year ago, when 2,248 capital city auctions were […]
Preliminary auction results show highest clearance rate since June 2015, with 77.8 per cent of homes sold at auction
The capital city clearance rate continued its upwards trend, with preliminary results showing that 77.8 per cent of reported auctions across the capitals were successful. The strong trend in auction results over recent months has been achieved on falling auction volumes, suggesting the buyer demand is outweighing the supply of homes being taken to auction. […]
The Australian Bureau of Statistics released housing finance data for June 2016 earlier this week. The data showed that the value of housing finance commitments was recorded at $32.6 billion which was the highest value since August 2015 but still -2.1% lower than its record high of $33.3 billion in April 2015. Looking at the […]
Upcoming auctions: CoreLogic is tracking a total of 1,318 auctions this week, down from last week (1,540) and remaining significantly lower than one year ago, when 2,118 capital city auctions were held. The two major auction markets of Sydney and Melbourne both have a similar number of auctions scheduled this week, with 563 to be […]
After recording the strongest year to date result last week, the capital city preliminary clearance rate this week has risen further, from 72.0 per cent to 74.9 per cent, based on preliminary results. The number of auctions held across the capitals this week was lower, with 1,517 held, compared to 1,610 over the previous week. […]
Upcoming auctions: After rising last week, auction activity across the capital city markets is set to fall back to the same levels seen over the first three weeks of July this year, with 1,390 capital city auctions currently being tracked. This week’s auction activity is much lower than what was seen last year, when 2,512 […]
Units are increasingly making up a higher proportion of overall stock available for sale, largely driven by the nation’s two largest capital cities
Over recent years, the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) has shown that as a proportion of overall dwelling approvals, attached dwellings (high/low rise apartments and townhouses) are increasing. As shown below, the proportion of attached dwellings, based on overall approvals has been trending upwards, and approximately half of all approvals are now for attached stock. […]
The Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) released building approvals data for June 2016 earlier today. Over the month there were 18,693 dwellings approved for construction nationally. National dwelling approvals are currently 26% higher than the decade average. Although this represents a very high volume of approvals, it was -2.9% lower over the month, -5.9% lower […]
CoreLogic RP Data is Australia's #1 Property Information Provider. Our blog is maintained by CoreLogic RP Data’s research director, Tim Lawless and Cameron Kusher who is CoreLogic RP Data’s senior research analyst. We hope you find the information we post here useful and we welcome your comments and feedback.
Regards, The Team @ CoreLogic RP Data
- Negative gearing and its impact on the housing market December 13, 2012
- Dispelling the myths about our new Index methodology March 2, 2012
- There were 1,213,595 individuals with a negatively geared property over the 2010/11 financial year May 9, 2013
- Capital city clearance rate rises to the highest reading this year August 22, 2016
- A look at mortgage lending across the states and territories August 19, 2016
- Commercial Market Update – Melbourne Units Cityscope August 19, 2016
- Inflation adjusted home values lower than previous peaks in all cities other than Sydney and Melbourne: […] See the original article here: Inflation...
- Don't let an election get in the way of selling your house: […] rate changes play a greater role than an...
- The economic factors to watch for in 2015 that may impact the housing market | WealthWorx: […] Cameron Kusher of Core Logic RP Data pro...
- RT @corelogicau: 7 signs that the housing market may be peaking | https://t.co/eoaNZKMaG4 #ausproperty #housingmarket 10 months ago retweeted via corelogicau
- Looking forward to representing @corelogicau at #BWTE in Melb this morning, more than 700 attended yesterday in Syd http://t.co/rnEzv7i3CN 1 year ago
- RT @corelogicau: RELEASED: Watch the latest housing market update in your capital city. Presented by @timlawless. http://t.co/0uBRzvidgI... 1 year ago retweeted via corelogicau
- RT @insteconomics: Is the RBA sacrificing the inflation target on the alter of financial stability? https://t.co/lsObwNvsv7 10 months ago retweeted via insteconomics
- Final results show last week, Syd had its lowest auction clearance since last week of Mar-13 #ausbiz #ausproperty https://t.co/7ABoAGKOE9 10 months ago
- RT @FinancialReview: Why Chinese interest in #AusProperty is set to continue despite lull. https://t.co/dIjBA28EGp #ausbiz https://t.co/iml… 10 months ago retweeted via FinancialReview
CoreLogic RP Data on Twitter
- House sales are 2.4% higher over the year while unit sales are -7.9% lower | https://t.co/osAv281C99 10 months ago
- Just released: CoreLogic Monthly Housing & Economic Chart Pack | https://t.co/osAv28jdxJ #homevalues #housingmarket 10 months ago
- Clearance rate improves after last week saw the lowest clearance rate in 73 weeks | https://t.co/FS6Nd9WAWc #auctions #ausproperty 10 months ago