Upcoming auctions: For the third week in a row, auction activity will remain relatively steady, with 1,225 capital city auctions scheduled across the nation’s capital cities this week. The number of auctions in the two major auction markets of Melbourne and Sydney is expected to fall slightly, with 542 Melbourne auctions scheduled, down from 667 […]
The preliminary clearance rate held above 70% across the combined capitals for the second week running, with more than three quarters of Sydney and Melbourne auctions returning a successful result
Across the combined capital cities, the preliminary clearance rate rose this week, up from 70.6 per cent the previous week to 71.6 per cent. The 70.6 per cent clearance rate over the week ending 10 July represented the first time in 15 weeks where the combined capital city clearance rate surpassed 70 per cent. The […]
Upcoming auctions: Auction activity is set to remain relatively steady this week, with 1,310 capital city auctions scheduled, down slightly from 1,399 last week. The two major auction markets of Sydney and Melbourne will account for almost 82 per cent of auctions this week, with 626 scheduled auctions in Melbourne and 447 currently being tracked […]
Over the month there were $32.3 billion in housing finance commitments which is 1.0% higher over the past month. Although the value of housing finance commitments increased in May 2016, they are now -4.6% lower than their August 2015 peak of $33.8 billion worth of commitments. The CoreLogic Mortgage Index, which tracks 95% of national […]
Of the 1,365 capital city auctions held this week, 1,110 results have been reported so far with a preliminary clearance rate of 72.0 per cent. This week’s preliminary clearance rate is higher than last week, when final results showed that 67.0 per cent of auctions were successful. The number of auctions held this week was […]
Upcoming auctions: There will be more auction activity across the capital cities this week, with auction volumes currently sitting at 1,328 across the combined capitals. Although the number of auctions has increased following the quieter Federal Election week, there are still far fewer auctions than the 1,704 held at the same time last year. Compared […]
Building approvals data for May 2016 was released earlier this week by the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS). According to the data there were 19,276 dwellings approved for construction over the month. The 19,276 approvals in May 2016 the lowest number of monthly approvals in four months. Despite a monthly fall in approvals, they remain […]
70.7 per cent of capital city auctions were successful this week, according to preliminary results. This week’s result indicates an upwards shift in the auction clearance rate from last week, when 66.4 per cent of auctions were successful and is also higher than the clearance rate recorded over the first month of winter 2016 (67.1 […]
Upcoming auctions: This weekend, focus will be drawn away from the auction market with more eyes shifting towards the Federal Election outcome this Saturday. Currently, CoreLogic is tracking 754 capital city auctions, down substantially compared to both last week (2,218) and one year ago (1,674). In each of the individual capital city markets, auction activity […]
The property price to income ratio is rising in Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra but flat or falling elsewhere
Utilising quarterly household income data from the Australian National University, CoreLogic has developed quarterly measurements of the ratio of property prices to annual household income. This data is extremely valuable when looking to measure housing affordability. The measure is available at a number of different geographies from SA2 regions (generally about the size of a […]
CoreLogic RP Data is Australia's #1 Property Information Provider. Our blog is maintained by CoreLogic RP Data’s research director, Tim Lawless and Cameron Kusher who is CoreLogic RP Data’s senior research analyst. We hope you find the information we post here useful and we welcome your comments and feedback.
Regards, The Team @ CoreLogic RP Data
- Negative gearing and its impact on the housing market December 13, 2012
- Dispelling the myths about our new Index methodology March 2, 2012
- There were 1,213,595 individuals with a negatively geared property over the 2010/11 financial year May 9, 2013
- Commercial Market Update – North Sydney Cityscope July 22, 2016
- Commercial Market Update – Sydney Units Cityscope July 22, 2016
- Commercial Auction Results – Week ending 17 July July 22, 2016
- Inflation adjusted home values lower than previous peaks in all cities other than Sydney and Melbourne: […] See the original article here: Inflation...
- Don't let an election get in the way of selling your house: […] rate changes play a greater role than an...
- The economic factors to watch for in 2015 that may impact the housing market | WealthWorx: […] Cameron Kusher of Core Logic RP Data pro...
- RT @corelogicau: 7 signs that the housing market may be peaking | https://t.co/eoaNZKMaG4 #ausproperty #housingmarket 9 months ago retweeted via corelogicau
- Looking forward to representing @corelogicau at #BWTE in Melb this morning, more than 700 attended yesterday in Syd http://t.co/rnEzv7i3CN 11 months ago
- RT @corelogicau: RELEASED: Watch the latest housing market update in your capital city. Presented by @timlawless. http://t.co/0uBRzvidgI... 1 year ago retweeted via corelogicau
- RT @insteconomics: Is the RBA sacrificing the inflation target on the alter of financial stability? https://t.co/lsObwNvsv7 9 months ago retweeted via insteconomics
- Final results show last week, Syd had its lowest auction clearance since last week of Mar-13 #ausbiz #ausproperty https://t.co/7ABoAGKOE9 9 months ago
- RT @FinancialReview: Why Chinese interest in #AusProperty is set to continue despite lull. https://t.co/dIjBA28EGp #ausbiz https://t.co/iml… 9 months ago retweeted via FinancialReview
CoreLogic RP Data on Twitter
- House sales are 2.4% higher over the year while unit sales are -7.9% lower | https://t.co/osAv281C99 9 months ago
- Just released: CoreLogic Monthly Housing & Economic Chart Pack | https://t.co/osAv28jdxJ #homevalues #housingmarket 9 months ago
- Clearance rate improves after last week saw the lowest clearance rate in 73 weeks | https://t.co/FS6Nd9WAWc #auctions #ausproperty 9 months ago