CoreLogic RP Data National Auction Comment, week ending 29 March 2015 A desire by vendors to sell before Easter and the strong market this year has resulted in record volumes for the year in Sydney, Adelaide and Perth. The results show that the high volumes did not overwhelm demand. The auction market is clearly responding […]
About Robert LaroccaRobert Larocca has built a profile over the past eight years as an expert on the Victorian residential property market. He worked for the REIV both directly and as a consultant over 8 years acting as a spokesperson, managing its research department and public policy. He has been a media and government relations consultant and spent a decade working across the three levels of government including as a Councillor and Mayor in the City of Moreland. He has well developed leadership skills in the not for profit sector and has been the Chairperson of CERES Community Environment Park for 9 years.
Author Archive | Robert Larocca
CoreLogic RP Data National Auction Preview, week ending 29 March 2015 This is a big week nationally for auctions with record volumes for 2015 expected in Sydney, Adelaide and Perth. The rate cut from nearly two months ago will now be having an impact on listings as vendors will have had sufficient time to both […]
There are 1,459 auctions scheduled this week in Melbourne compared to 1,414 for the same time last year. The highest volume of auctions in a single suburb will be found in Reservoir where 29 are expected. There are 26 scheduled in St Kilda and 24 in Brighton. The compressed autumn auction market, the three weeks […]
Key points Over one billion dollars a week was spent of residential real estate last year Brighton recorded the highest spend, $842m Glen Waverley recorded a $233m rise In 2014 a total of $53.7b, over one billion dollars a week, was spent on Melbourne residential real estate. In 2014 a total of $53.7b, over one […]
CoreLogic RP Data National Auction Comment, week ending 22 March 2015 After 6 weeks with a clearance rate in the mid to high 70’s sellers in Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra and Adelaide can be quite confident of attaining a good outcome when selling at auction. A preliminary weighted average clearance rate of 77.4 per cent was […]
CoreLogic RP Data National Auction Preview, week ending 22 March 2015 There are 3,003 auctions expected this week across Australia with 2,539 expected in capital cities. This is compared to 2,556 last week and 2,466 for the same week last year. With full data now available for 2014 it is clear that the proportion of […]
There are 1,202 auctions scheduled this week in Melbourne compared to 1,160 for the same time last year. The highest volume of auctions in one suburb is 21 in both Reservoir (VIC) and Thornbury Auction volumes are higher than last year and on track to exceed last years volumes when there were more auctions and […]
Key points Across 2013 and 2014 only 1 per cent of apartments advertised for sale in Melbourne had 4 bedrooms Two bedroom apartments are more likely to be found in Southbank and Docklands than Melbourne In Brighton only 9 per cent of apartments had one bedroom It will come as no surprise that there are […]
CoreLogic RP Data National Auction Comment, week ending 15 March 2015 A preliminary weighted average clearance rate of 78.3 per cent was recorded this week across capital cities compared to 74.5 per cent last week and 70.8 per cent this time last year. This is the highest national clearance rate in 6 years, since 79.7 […]
CoreLogic RP Data National Auction Preview, week ending 15 March 2015 It is already clear that this year is on track to record both a higher number and higher proportion of sales by auction across capital cities. Last year saw 21.5 per cent of all residential sales in capital cities by auction and this was […]
CoreLogic RP Data is Australia's #1 Property Information Provider. Our blog is maintained by CoreLogic RP Data’s research director, Tim Lawless and Cameron Kusher who is CoreLogic RP Data’s senior research analyst. We hope you find the information we post here useful and we welcome your comments and feedback.
Regards, The Team @ CoreLogic RP Data
- Negative gearing and its impact on the housing market December 13, 2012
- Dispelling the myths about our new Index methodology March 2, 2012
- There were 1,213,595 individuals with a negatively geared property over the 2010/11 financial year May 9, 2013
- Tighter lending policies see a reduction in investor and riskier lending types May 31, 2016
- Preliminary clearance rate falls slightly to 68.0 per cent as the number of auctions surges to the fourth highest week this year May 30, 2016
- Commercial Auction Results – Week ending 22 May May 27, 2016
- Inflation adjusted home values lower than previous peaks in all cities other than Sydney and Melbourne: […] See the original article here: Inflation...
- Don't let an election get in the way of selling your house: […] rate changes play a greater role than an...
- The economic factors to watch for in 2015 that may impact the housing market | WealthWorx: […] Cameron Kusher of Core Logic RP Data pro...
- RT @corelogicau: 7 signs that the housing market may be peaking | https://t.co/eoaNZKMaG4 #ausproperty #housingmarket 7 months ago retweeted via corelogicau
- Looking forward to representing @corelogicau at #BWTE in Melb this morning, more than 700 attended yesterday in Syd http://t.co/rnEzv7i3CN 9 months ago
- RT @corelogicau: RELEASED: Watch the latest housing market update in your capital city. Presented by @timlawless. http://t.co/0uBRzvidgI... 11 months ago retweeted via corelogicau
- RT @insteconomics: Is the RBA sacrificing the inflation target on the alter of financial stability? https://t.co/lsObwNvsv7 7 months ago retweeted via insteconomics
- Final results show last week, Syd had its lowest auction clearance since last week of Mar-13 #ausbiz #ausproperty https://t.co/7ABoAGKOE9 7 months ago
- RT @FinancialReview: Why Chinese interest in #AusProperty is set to continue despite lull. https://t.co/dIjBA28EGp #ausbiz https://t.co/iml… 7 months ago retweeted via FinancialReview
CoreLogic RP Data on Twitter
- House sales are 2.4% higher over the year while unit sales are -7.9% lower | https://t.co/osAv281C99 7 months ago
- Just released: CoreLogic Monthly Housing & Economic Chart Pack | https://t.co/osAv28jdxJ #homevalues #housingmarket 7 months ago
- Clearance rate improves after last week saw the lowest clearance rate in 73 weeks | https://t.co/FS6Nd9WAWc #auctions #ausproperty 7 months ago