The latest research from Gold Coast Cityscope shows property sale figures have decreased in the past three months. Sales recorded in the three months to December 2016 recorded 41 sales for a total of $60 million. Of this, $21.3 million was for commercial, $11.5 million was for commercial strata, $12.9 million was for retail, $5.9 million was for retail strata and $8.4 million was for other.
In comparison, the three months to late June 2016 recorded 53 sales for a total of $99.8 million. Of this, $34.2 million was for commercial, $12.2 million was for commercial strata, $22.8 million was for retail, $5.4 million was for retail strata and $25.3 million was for other.
The latest data raises the 12 month total to over $587.2 million, over $202.8 million lower than the previous 12 month period.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Gold Coast Cityscope:
The three most significant sales recorded this quarter together totalled over $21.9 million:
- KRG Centre, 9-15 Bay Street, Southport – a four-level office building with a cafe. Sold for $12 million to Lionsgate Income Fund No 1 Pty Ltd as trustee for the Lionsgate Income Fund No 1 Unit Trust. Kevin Lonard and Darrell Woodfield of First National Commercial Gold Coast negotiated the sale, which represented an initial yield of 8.3% on passing income of $996,000.
- Windmill Centre, 130 Scarborough Street, Southport – a two-level office and retail building with frontages to both Scarborough Street and Windmill Street. Bought for $5 millionby Grand Southport Two Pty Ltd as trustee for the Lawson Unit Trust. Adam Grbcic and Tony Grbcic of Ray White Commercial GC South negotiated the sale, which represented an initial yield of 7.2% on passing income of $360,000.
- Robina Professional Centre, 36 Laver Drive, Robina – a four-storey office building completed in late 2006. Bought for $4.925 million by RPA Properties Pty Ltd. Mason Kidman and Nick Selbie of CBRE Gold Coast negotiated the sale.
Properties currently listed for sale include:
- 3286 Surfers Paradise Boulevard, Surfers Paradise – a single-level, 277 sqm restaurant building. For sale by negotiation; agent, Ray White Commercial Gold Coast (Simon Robertson).
- 8 Frigo Court, Bundall – a 2,429 sqm vacant block of land. For sale by expressions of interest; agent, First National Real Estate Surfers (Rob Rollington and Bob Rollington).
- SteelX House, 2 Boston Court, Varsity Lakes – a four-storey office building comprised of three separate units. For sale by expressions of interest; agent, CBRE (Peter Court, Mike Walsh and Brad Duncalfe). The property was initially advertised with passing income of $1,276,140 per annum (net).
Properties currently under contract (conditionally or unconditionally) include:
- 46 Scottsdale Drive, Robina – a 4,719 sqm vacant block of land with approval to build the third and final stage of Easy T. Under contract; agents, Robina Marketing Australia (Marcus Weld) and Knight Frank Gold Coast (James Branch and Mark Witheriff).
- Piazza on the Boulevard, 3197 Surfers Paradise Boulevard, Surfers Paradise – a four-level retail and commercial building. Due diligence is currently being conducted; agent, CBRE Gold Coast (Jonathan O’Brien and Scott Gray-Spencer).
- 1 Bellvue Drive, Varsity Lakes – RP1 Building, a three-storey, split-level office building. Under conditional contract; agent, CBRE Gold Coast (Jonathan O’Brien and Brad Duncalfe).
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope.
Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter
Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe