The latest research from Adelaide Cityscope shows that commercial property sales in Adelaide have increased substantially for the quarter to January 2016, largely due to the sale of Rundle Place. The latest quarter shows total sales figures of $526.2 million from 18 sales, as compared with $68.6 million from 24 sales in the quarter to October 2015 and $75.5 million from 18 sales in the quarter to July 2015.
The year to January 2016 shows total sales of $1090.3 million from 82 sales, a significant increase on the previous year, which had $521.9 million from 71 sales.
The table below shows sales recorded for the past eight updates of Adelaide Cityscope.
Notable sales in the January 2016 update of Adelaide Cityscope include:
- Rundle Place at 81 Rundle Mall, Adelaide, a four storey retail building of 22,500 sqm and a 12 storey office building of 30,000 sqm plus parking for 100 cars, which sold for $400 million, and
- 100 Waymouth Street, Adelaide, formerly known as Henry Waymouth Centre, a 13 storey office building with 12,305-sqm net lettable area and parking for 146 cars, which sold for $73 million.
Properties for sale in the January 2016 update of Adelaide Cityscope include:
- 30 Flinders Street at 30 Flinders Street, Adelaide, formerly the Police Headquarters of SA. A 12 storey office building with 13,954 sqm lettable area and 22 under cover car spaces, available through Knight Frank, and
- Young Street Chambers at 25-29 Young Street, Adelaide, a four storey office building of 1,780 sqm including basement parking for 19 cars, through JLL Adelaide.
Leasing opportunities in the January 2016 update of Adelaide Cityscope include:
- Grenfell Centre at 25 Grenfell Street, Adelaide, a 26 level office building with a retail plaza level and 23 office floors with a net lettable area of 25,244 sqm, which has office space of up to 7,000 sqm available through CBRE Adelaide and JLL Adelaide;
- Australian Central Building at 60 Light Square, Adelaide, an eight storey office building of 9,350 sqm with basement parking for 27 cars, which has office space of up to 6,956 sqm available through Colliers International and Knight Frank, and
- Allianz Centre at 55 Currie Street, Adelaide, a 9 and 12 storey office building of 25,726 sqm with underground parking for 96 cars, which has office space of up to 6,277 sqm available through Knight Frank.
Cityscope covers 28 predominantly capital city CBD markets across Australia and New Zealand, providing a rich level of property level data including building attributes, tenancy detail, sales and ownership.For more information on Cityscope or any other CoreLogic RP Data products call 1300 734 318 or visit the website at www.corelogic.com.au/products/cityscope.
Subscribe to the free Commercial Pulse eNewsletter
Get the latest commercial news and sales data each week from our CoreLogic RP Data Commercial Pulse! Click here to subscribe