After showing a consistent upwards trend, the proportion of homes selling at a loss across the country has eased over the final quarter of 2012. Based on all dwelling sales over the December quarter 2012, 12.5% of all properties sold for less than their initial purchase price compared to 32.1% of homes selling for more […]
Archive | February, 2013
Where can you buy a house or unit under $400,000 across the capital cities and major regional markets?
The issue of housing affordability always strikes a nerve here in Australia, and there is no doubt that homes across Australia’s largest capital cities are expensive by international standards. There are plenty of studies around that aim to investigate how affordable or unaffordable Australian housing is, however I found the recent Reserve Bank of Australia […]
Record gap between median house and unit prices…but it doesn’t necessarily mean demand for units is increasing
With the release of the RP Data-Rismark Home Value Index results earlier this month, we also received the updated information on median selling prices of homes over the three months to January 2013. This data revealed that the gap between selling prices of houses and units reached a record high over the first month of […]
CoreLogic is Australia's #1 Property Information Provider. Our blog is maintained by CoreLogic's research director, Tim Lawless and Cameron Kusher who is CoreLogic's senior research analyst. We hope you find the information we post here useful and we welcome your comments and feedback.
Regards, The Team @ CoreLogic
- Negative gearing and its impact on the housing market December 13, 2012
- There were 1,213,595 individuals with a negatively geared property over the 2010/11 financial year May 9, 2013
- Dispelling the myths about our new Index methodology March 2, 2012
- CoreLogic National Auction Preview, week ending 2 April 2017 March 30, 2017
- Preliminary auction clearance rates nudge higher over the week March 27, 2017
- Australians continue to choose to move to Victoria March 23, 2017