Population movements are an important element of housing demand; more people means more demand for housing. With Australia’s rate of population growth slipping from a high of 2.2% or 467,300 new residents over the year to December 2008 down to 1.4% (319,600 persons) over the year to September 2011, there has clearly been a fall […]
Archive | May, 2012
What’s more important…? How much of the RBA’s 50 basis point cash rate cut the banks have passed on or which bank actually has the lowest interest rates?
There has been a great deal of hype around how Australia’s banks are deviating from the historic norm of adjusting their mortgage rates in line with the Reserve Bank of Australia cash rate moves. Two weeks ago, when the RBA slashed the cash rate by 50 basis points and the Big 4 banks passed on […]
The Australian Tax Office (ATO) recently released taxation statistics for the 2009/10 financial year. The data had a lot of good information, some of which was touched on in last week’s blog however, this week we will be specifically looking at rental income and deductions associated with property investment. Over the 2009/10 financial year there […]
The Australian Taxation Office has recently released their annual set of Taxation Statistics (you can see the whole report here) for the 2009/10 financial year. This is always a fascinating read (shame about the time it takes to be published though), particularly the tables which provide an insight about average taxable income across each of […]
CoreLogic is Australia's #1 Property Information Provider. Our blog is maintained by CoreLogic's research director, Tim Lawless and Cameron Kusher who is CoreLogic's senior research analyst. We hope you find the information we post here useful and we welcome your comments and feedback.
Regards, The Team @ CoreLogic
- Negative gearing and its impact on the housing market December 13, 2012
- There were 1,213,595 individuals with a negatively geared property over the 2010/11 financial year May 9, 2013
- Dispelling the myths about our new Index methodology March 2, 2012
- CoreLogic National Auction Preview, week ending 2 April 2017 March 30, 2017
- Preliminary auction clearance rates nudge higher over the week March 27, 2017
- Australians continue to choose to move to Victoria March 23, 2017